View Single Post
Old 12th September 2017, 20:06   #1
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default Bit of moral support needed after MoT fail...

Hello chaps,

It's been an annoying day - the Tourer failed its MoT today, which is the first time it's ever had as much as an advisory other than tyres on its MoT record.

The work required isn't too bad at all and in truth if I'd been more organised I'd probably have done most of it before the test, but life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it....?

It's failed on rear brakes, handbrake and most annoyingly a rotten upper rear suspension arm, as well as a couple of other annoyances which amount to nothing more than changing a couple of bulbs. Advisories were mainly about thin front brake discs which will also get replaced before a retest.

I'd actually bought new rear discs and pads prior to the test, when I also did a service and lots of other preparatory stuff, but hadn't the time or the required TORX bit (what size is it anyway?!) to replace before the test, and only noticed the rot in the upper arm the day before. Grrr.

Anyway, thanks to this forum (hello Arctic!!) I've got a handbrake compensator on the way and also from DMGRS a new suspension arm so if those get here for Friday, I can spend the day fitting them, along with the discs and pads. I reckon my yearly subs is money well spent.

How much of a pain is it to fit the upper arm?- I guess It'll be a case of removing the rear subframe? maybe an opportunity for some major waxoyling while I'm under there.

Anyway, here's to getting another one through for another year :-)
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote