View Single Post
Old 12th February 2019, 12:52   #8
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Expired, again.......

.................. when I got Banana back she seemed to be lacking something. Not sure what it was but then I thought having not driven her for awhile maybe it was just me. After all going from the V8 to the 1.8t via the CDTi does throw you from time to time.
Just needs a good run, maybe.

So last night I took up to Torquay for Matt Darkes birthday dinner, no problem she pulled like the proverbial train. Came out after the meal, it was now quite frosty. She did not want to fire, turned over ok, but not firing. Eventually she burst into life and ran sweet all the way home. When parking up I have to reverse in, she cut out. After a few try’s she started but run lumpy and cut out again. Eventually got her parked up.

Took her out this morning and she died another 3 times. Managed to get her home. Phoned the garage, think they understood how I felt by the tone of my voice. I was not rude or angry at them.
So now she is going back in. I think it could be the cam sensor. Crankshaft sensor was replaced last year unless that has failed.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote