View Single Post
Old 6th December 2020, 23:20   #35
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
Today, I removed the 3 poppers and took out the panel (fiddly to remove) on the passenger side under the windscreen. I found a drain hole very near to the MID-POINT at the FRONT of the BASE of the Pollen Filter. It was not easy to find/see on first inspection. There was much water. I rodded it, it was blocked, and a lot water came out with some force. With the help from Member's here I at last found this drain point so I hope that will help others. I've yet to find any drain hole on the Driver's side of the scuttle/plenum under the wiper motor. I'll see now (rain is forecast) if there is any more ingress and report back.
There is another drain hole on the driver side 'hidden' below the servo, you can rod it with a small bottle brush on the end of a flexible wire (old fashioned plastic covered curtain wire will do it) - these both drain below the car near the sub frame via a couple rubber pipes with flapper valves on the ends. On a Mk1 there are two other drains located above the front wheel arch each end of the plenum chamber; on a Mk2 the O/S drain was deleted (the hole for it wasn't, MGR just put a rubber blanking plug in it) - these drain into the front wheel arch void via short tubes with 'duck bill' valves on their end.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote