View Single Post
Old 13th December 2020, 22:36   #40
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
I'm still still struggljng with this. I've managed to pull up the driver's side rear footwell carpet and sponge out. But as there are no drain holes the for the very deep recess under the driver's seat or in the front driver's footwell (and also noticing that the carpet is all of one piece) I'm now wondering whether I should drill two (say 5/8") holes in the floor pan to allow drainage? I would then fit rubber bungs and seal over. Views? Too agressive a treatment?
It depends on how long you can go without your car but with mine I did a side of the car at a time, took out drivers seat and rear bench, lifted carpet one side at a time, faxed out as much water out the carpet as I could then left it like that to dry, (this was summer so could leave outside with a wind blowing through. Once the sponge was dry repeat on the next side. Once drivers side is done you could drive the car while the passenger side dries out. I also am lucky enough to have a warm garage to help things along too.
While the carpets are lifted hose down the car and check where any water dribbles in to find and seal up your leaks
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote