Thread: Stepping down
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2021, 13:58   #29
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
This forum is meant to be about the cars and people as far as I am concerned.
Over the years i have met some wonderful people that i consider to be friends, we have been through good times and bad ones too, supported each other when times are bad and laughed together when they are good.
The cars have brought us together as a common interest.
People who want political views etc should take them elsewhere, lets get back to the cars and the friendly social forum that we are meant to be.
That's my thoughts for what they are worth.
I've said it before, time for the owners of the forum to sort it out before all the good guys leave!!!

Steve.
Sure it's all about our cars. I wasn't at all involved in the thread in question - "Prescription charges" - but it was going on over in the Social Forum....and as a member, our revered Moderator (and I mean that sincerely) was participating in exchanges about the subject matter. At 4 pages in he appeared to dislike the way the argument was leaning - too many facts, possibly home truths (that's the way it looked to me) and decided to close the thread. At the outset when he decided to participate in the guts of the subject he should have taken off his Moderator hat and say his piece or simply stop responding and that would have been that. There is 'history' between some of the 4-6 respondents (and early doors one was certainly unpleasant) but otherwise it was all very civil.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote