View Single Post
Old 6th November 2021, 10:10   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Just a quick warning for members, Please be very careful when buying items from the EU, as a result of Brexit, you are going to be paying TAXES and IMPORT duty, so check and double check, the costs before ordering, I recently bought an item from Italy, to find out to my horror, that including VAT, and 'other' taxes, it cost me 1/3 again in total costs, utterly disgraceful, rip-off Britain.

So much for independence and freedom from Europe, to discover that our government is now sticking it to us in VAT and import duties, well done the Tories, lets give these beauties another term in office why not.

yes lets blame the Tories as we know for a fact any other party would have done better. Well, we dont know for a fact that any party would have done better but some will speculate. Second, the Tories did what the voting public voted for, took us out of the EU.
Do we lack a decent manufacturing industry because we the public wanted cheaper products that we could get from abroad, did companies move abroad because they could save on manufacturing costs, did we buy foreign because British made stuff was such poor quality, other reasons for buying foreign are probably many.

Look round the world at some of the costs people pay in other countries. Buying a pizza in Norway is enough to make your eyes water.

macafee2