View Single Post
Old 14th November 2019, 15:42   #99
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Aahhh global warming, global change, global cooling. Herd? The lot in my nigh on 80 years.It is begining to nark me a bit about people’s incessant carping on about it. It is now being used as a cash cow for big businesses, and little girls who have just discovered life on this planet is variable, very variable. I can remember in the 50s when we had the six weeks holiday from Skool. We used to play cricket on a patch of ground down the bottom of our road, and for the whole six weeks it was stiflingly hot. We used to love it when you could smell the rain was coming in the air. We used to have violent storms during the day when it went as black as night. We used to have 3/4 feet of snow in winter. We used to have very high winds that blew thousands of trees down all over Great Britain now and again. We were told in the 50s that we were entering a mini ice age. (Still waiting for it to arrive). Big business have cottoned on to the fact that people are gullible to certain suggestions. The reason being..............they can make billions out of fear factors like ‘The End Of The World Is Nigh’. Funnily enough, I can remember old chaps with nothing better to do than walk round with signs which said ‘The End Of The World Is Nigh’ in the 50s/60s. Another thing comes to mind..................what goes round comes round. Hysterics come to mind and greed. This is not a rant, it is pure facts. My thoughts are with those people who are at this moment under water up the north. Don’t let the ‘experts’ tell you it is going to happen more and more, although partly true, it is because of their inefficient ways of management of waterways it is happening. And again it is because of the money factor.