View Single Post
Old 7th January 2021, 13:05   #30
DeeJ
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Thanks again Dave for the detail and the link. I found the top and bottom washers you refer to on both sides. The two lower 'bump stop' ones in the wheel arch were a little rusty but OK. The two inside the engine compartment were almost pristine with minor rust in the upward facing 'well'. I refurbed all four anyway and put on three coats of black 'Rustoleum'. I only found two washers each side, but in the Rimmers diagram there is an extra washer (which was definitely not on my car) shown adjacent to the lower bump stop washer on the top of the damper, making three washers per side. I'm wondering if they upgraded the bump stop washer to a single thicker one. Mine seemed heavy duty and good quality with only surface rust on the side facing down towards the axle.
Yes, I think there is only 1 upper and 1 lower washer each side, at least there was on mine, so the picture is probably a 'Rimmer aberration' or an MGR (EPC) one! If I recall, the FWD cars have 2, which could explain the mistake made in the drawing, or am I dreaming that? Glad for you that its all sorted now anyway. That's the most important thing, apart from making sure others don't accidentally throw the washers away with the scrap bits, of course. Easily done.

David

Last edited by DeeJ; 7th January 2021 at 18:09..
DeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote