Thread: Pigeon Coup?
View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2024, 14:22   #2
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
My Son moved into his flat three years ago. It's on the top floor of a three storey block. There were scores of pigeons already resident, on the building and on his window sills. My Son is very laid back and the presence of the birds didn't bother him, even the day when we were sat in the lounge with the windows open, and one of them walked in for a look around.

I found out some information and started to work on a plan to create some shields for the window sills using perspex. I found out where I could get the necessary supplies, how to bend and cut it, and the angle the pigeons could not settle on. Again, my Son was not fussed.

Then I came up with a temporary solution, or at least an attempt. A two foot tall plastic owl. All my Son had to do was fill the base with sand so the wind would not move it. Son did not bother but stood it on the inside sill.

Since that day, eight months ago, there has not been a pigeon on the window sill, nor the whole block.
So, we need to fix a suction pad to the underside of the owl and place on the car bonnet. Hopefully the pigeon(s) will give the area enough of a wide berth then for them not to use the car a poop depository.
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote