View Single Post
Old 7th January 2024, 01:04   #8
Sonestarick
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Unhappy Engine not turning/ starter issue.

Hello again Simon, things have moved on somewhat. Friend John turned up to do a diagnostic check but the system would not allow him in fully it would only give so much info ! not enough to show the problem. So I have had the car into a garage who have now done a diagnostic check and determined that the engine would not turn over due to a water pressure build up. They managed to reduce the water pressure build up by moving the car back and forth and managed to turn the engine over and got the engine running again. Seemingly it is firing on 5 cylinders okay but intermittently on the 6th. Also it shows signs of steam coming out the exhaust. I will find out the true story on Monday as only spoken to the garage over the phone Friday night. I will get the print out and full story in detail then. Their opinion is that the head gasket or gaskets have gone which could lead to more in depth work involved further to heads requiring skimming pressure testing etc etc.
At the moment I am concentrating on getting it back to base and conversations with friends to determine which way to proceed, don't want to think about off loading the car but ? Cheers Rick'
Sonestarick is offline   Reply With Quote