View Single Post
Old 19th August 2020, 13:45   #10
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Hi Steve, i need to square things with the pub 1st so will then find out if we can go ahead and what restrictions if any they impose on us

It is essential for this meet that people say they are coming so if we have to restrict to 30 we will know where the cut off point is but if we meet Saturday and Sunday hopefully there will be less than 30 on each day

We did not get too hung up about make of cars as the vast majority will be Rover and the meet is also about the people and it will be great to catch up again so wouldnt want to turn anyone away, if we can get back to normal in October should be room for all on the field

We thought being sensible about parking is the way to go, buying stakes etc that may not get further use down the line might not be best use of funds, and as Bernard said in his post its the owners who need to isolate not the cars and I would imagine after months of lockdown we all know how to do that , in any event we usually leave a decent space between our cars out of respect for not dinking the doors

By having no jobs at this 1st meet it reduces the greatest risk of close contact and we will all be able to socially distance, ive been to a few meets recently where people take chairs sit down in a circle at a decent distance and just catch up.

Its only for the 1st meet not to be a regular thing and if it keeps numbers down that may not be a bad thing to start with, not sure why we would want somebody on the gate if people list their names as coming beforehand, unless we get more than 30

Anyway with time ticking on that was the consensus of those that turned up last night and there were already a couple of other comments about coming to meet up only.

Lets see what others think when they have read all the comments on here

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote