View Single Post
Old 11th March 2019, 08:03   #6
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I can relate to this Ian, as a victim rather than instigator. I was mates with this bloke for over 30 years, but he said something very selfish and hurtful when my dad died, so I totally ignored him and never spoke for 9 months. Eventually we met by chance and he apologised sincerely, so I accepted it and we carried on as before.
That was until July last year, the day before my birthday I was at his house talking to him, he was wanting me to run him somewhere, but I didn't have time. The next day (my birthday), he sent me a snotty text saying I wasn't a true friend, and I only used him for my own gain. Needless to say a complete lie on his part, so I sent a calm reply telling him he forgets all the things I have done for him and given him over the years. I have now blocked him from contacting me and deleted his number from my phone. If we meet and he is civil to me, I will grant him the same courtesy, but the friendship can never be restored. Said person is an alcoholic, so very self centered