Old 6th January 2022, 08:02   #44
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default But..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
That is interesting. I am of the view that we all need to change our energy consumption habits. Which is why, as stated in post #35, I have been using a similar device of my own and keeping an eye on daily usage for the past 3ish years.

I have to say that I've never had an issue with a utility company overcharging for supply. Nor changing prices outwith contract. But then I am a stickler for detail so tend always to maintain an understanding of what I am being charged and why. I can however see that where the consumer is in difficulty with payments etc. a smart meter will give the utility company instant over-riding power.

My smart meter is being fitted at the end of next week. We shall see how I get on with it over the next couple of years.
Having smart meters will eventually lead to meter readers being out of a job, the smart meter uploads your readings automatically.
I don't use self service tills for that reason, basic shop work gets a lot of young people on the employment ladder, one person manning four tills puts everyone's young people at risk of not getting a job, it might get you out of a shop faster but it makes money for the shops and no-one else.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote