Thread: Air con
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2020, 09:58   #29
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1005 View Post
Difficult to inspect the condenser without removing the bumper which was not done.
Gary; you can see the condenser through the grille and the slats at the bottom of the bumper moulding. I think that with the engine undertray removed you can get a view from below but don't quote me on that!
Quote:
What are the implications of an over-pressured system ? There is plenty of cold air at the moment.
The system is only over-pressurised if the high pressure trinary switch disengages the compressor. An increase in fan speed is normal if, for example, you return to a car with an uncomfortably hot interior which the air con. is trying to cool to, say, 19 degrees. I'd also expect it to happen with an ambient temperature in the upper twenties when the engine is hot and the car stationary or slow moving.

You'll know what the conditions were when you tested it. I'd recommend keeping it under observation. After a few minutes' running with 'LO' temperature and recirculation selected, the air temperature out of the centre vents should be approximately 4 degrees C.

Simon