View Single Post
Old 17th July 2018, 11:54   #13
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
I was thinking more about people calling for medical or police help.

There's plenty of real life examples I've seen in a+e of people who would have been stuffed if they hadn't been able to phone for help. A few that spring to mind are victims of domestic violence fleeing their partner, people trapped in cars, people who've fallen ill whilst driving or being driven.

There's no safe way to jam mobile phones from making calls. For older phones there are apps that prevent you from receiving calls when driving and there are modes on most new phones that do the same. Making them inaccessible for people who might need them to counteract the idiots who cant obey the law doesn't seem like the way to go.

Make the penalties for people who use phones heavier, treat the condition, cure the problem.
I understand your point, but all of the examples given could (and most likely would) be made while the vehicle is stationary with the engine off. If a jammer was activated by the ignition none of the above would be affected.
As far as idiots go, there are too many of them to police, a minority are looking where they are going.