View Single Post
Old 6th January 2015, 15:02   #12
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
My suggestion would be to acquire another rear parcel shelf (make sure you get the right colour) as it will be much easier to work on the parcel shelf out of the car and then just drop it in once fettled
Fair enough, coolcat! I guess I could just take the half out that i've already got and work on that? I only really needed help with that as the rover 75 has a steel wall "barrier" or "ceiling" between the back seat space and the boot space, so it would require cutting with metal cutting equipment! When I haver got my head around what I want to do there I will drop you a email, if you can not don't worry, but it is just what I would like to do to cap off this project and give my sound system some extra surround ability...

I have taken the shelf out before to get at the seals on the back window, but I have found the rear shelf doesn't seem to fit properly and seems to bulge slightly, I just thought that all rover 75's did that, but I would not know that as I have only ever owned one and my dad did, but that was when I was a child, but I don't quite remember when that was! (My dad never liked me near his car so I never knew the fine details...).

As I said I will think exactly what I want and mail you with these thoughts, to see if you could do this type of project! cool, ill talk later!