View Single Post
Old 7th January 2015, 10:06   #14
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Exclamation hah I have found my problem, heres another one to sort out?

Did a test with the other set of fli's earlier on my denon amp and......it sounded wicked, so underpowering is the obvious problem I am having! I did some subsequent research and found that my head units power rating is a maximum of 50w! (not rms as I though, or as it says on the box....).

The speakers I bought are 40w rms min 85 rms (recommended), so no wonder I was getting hardly any bass or power out of it for that matter! So I have decided to keep the speakers and will get a amplifier. I have seen a "Edge" 4/3/2 amp that is 100w rms per channel, I know these speakers I have got are 85w rms, would this be the correct amp to get (I want to get it as its on sale for £50! (they usually sell this amp for around £110).

I know this amp is a tiny bit more than the recommended rms power rating of the speaker, but I guess as long as I don't blast it, it shouldn't kill the speaker!