View Single Post
Old 20th June 2019, 15:03   #13
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
When did you move from BC Glen? Do you know John Stevenson from St. John's. He's another 75 owner.
There are lots of options for testing here now but they all have their pros and cons. When I imported my first MGF in from the UK in 2011 I had the test done at a tire shop, and guess what? They failed the tires and sold me a DOT marked set. The second MGF came from Japan and I took it to the shop I mentioned above which is mainly a lube and tune shop. They were recommended by a rather shady friend who brought several cars over from Japan and the car passed with no issues. I'm hoping I am as lucky with this one!
The ZT was previously registered in the Yukon so hopefully they won't be as thorough as in international import. My pal has two 75's that need testing so he will be watching with interest.
Hi Rich,

We moved here to NS in the summer of 2016. Big mistake - should have continued the extra 5000 kms. No, I don't know John Stevenson, but I am from Nfld (not St. John's). I did know someone there had a 75, though. How did your ZT get through the Federal inspection in the Yukon without DRLs? They've been the law for many years. Maybe that guy did a relay thing to get through. If it has already been registered in Canada, then you just need a BC safety inspection, right? Good to have friends with small shops. I had a friend from the old Yugoslavia whose family had a shop downtown. They did a lot of high end vehicle work. It was common to see a Ferrari or Rolls Royce in there.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote