View Single Post
Old 6th December 2016, 09:08   #20
Caulkhead
Avid contributor

Rover75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
the how-to's on here for the brakes are not the easiest to follow (no disrespect ) - i think i looked at the Haynes before doing my rear discs/pads.

it's an easy enough job - but it's nice to know what to expect before tackling these things - especially with brakes

I found a vid showing the process (on a 75) - i'm sure i done things slightly different to these guys (r.e removing the caliper etc..) but it's good for a visualisation of the task

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZiC1nwpHbM

Paul.
Just done this and agree the how to is really not much help. No mention of the difficulty of accessing the calliper bolts or danger of rounding off etc.

The video is much better, and helps with adjusting the handbrake to help remove the disc and reset after new disc is on.

I removed the calliper before trying to remove the carrier, this gave better access to the difficult to get at carrier bolts. With the aid of a 'good' six sided spanner and a tap from a hammer they came out quite easily.

Hope Atctic does a new how to soon, as the current one is (imho based on experience of doing the job) likely to lead to members having problems.

I am only 65 and look forward to doing the job again in a few years time! But compared to brake light switch it was a doddle!
Caulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote