Old 28th November 2021, 09:28   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default For sale or Free ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonybiosphere View Post
I've not spoken to her about the future of that car yet, I just know she was planning to get the scrap value for it and I know what happens to them when they go to a scrapyard as I've called more than a few looking for parts.

I would like to get the parts I need off it if it's just going to be used by someone else for parts, but if it was my car I'd be more than happy to give it away to someone who will get a few more miles from a piece from it, or get a car out of it at the end, than watch someone melt it down and forget it ever existed.

Quote:
In that sense, I'd be happy to pay my family member if there's money they're hoping to get out of the car at scrap that someone who wants the car for an actual use, either restoration or parts, doesn't want to pay for.

Hope that makes sense!
Hi Sam.
Am i reading the section quoted above right ? you are willing to pay your family member the £100 or what ever the scrap price is for the car, so he/she as got what they want for it.

(1)
Then you will give it to someone whom is willing to work with the car to get it back on the road after doing the work that is needed, which sounds like two new rear arms, ABS sensor or bearing, plus any other parts is may need such as tyres, and possibly four wheel alignment.

(2)
If the person you are going to let have the car for free? and they are going to just use it for parts to help others, you first want to take off what you would like for your own car, thus meaning that the car would need lifting to get to the place that the person whom wants it, which depending on the distance could be anything in cost wise from minimum of £100 up to £200.

If number (2) was the case then i would say, it would be wise to just take the parts you need off the car then scrap it after, as you will have most likley taken the parts off that anyone else would need also.

(3)
Another avenue is to sell the car as it is on here for the price your family member wants, stating what needs doing, maybe add photo of the rust at the rear, tyres ABS, etc, this avenue would need you to pay the £10 subs so you could sell it through the forum.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 28th November 2021 at 13:22.. Reason: spelling
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote