View Single Post
Old 28th November 2021, 10:28   #13
Stonybiosphere

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Arctic,

Essentially number 2 is the case yes, with the caveat that the car is a driveable vehicle if it didn't have bald back tyres. My family member has a spare in the boot, so if someone can provide another wheel, they could swap it and drive it away to store instead of destroy.

In essence, Simon has summed up my issue. The car is restorable, and if there's nobody willing to restore it, it's more than good for parts. If I had the space I'd very happily have bought the car and plonked it in a garage or covered it up to sit as a possible future restoration or to cannibalise it for parts for my own 75.

However, I don't have that space, so I'd much rather see it go to someone who can mothball the vehicle, so that the parts can serve someone who may find themselves needing a niche and impossible to source part that, if the scrapyards didn't crush them straightaway, they'd be able to get hold of.

The car will still drive, just preferably not with the back tyres as they are, especially in present weather conditions. For the sake of getting a jack under it and swapping two wheels, the parts are worth saving and worth more than what a scrapyard would pay for them, to anyone who finds themselves needing them.

Hope that makes my dilemma a little clearer, if all else fails then it will go to scrap but I think it's worth avoiding that if at all possible!

Cheers,
Sam
Stonybiosphere is offline   Reply With Quote