Thread: Diesel ecu?
View Single Post
Old 10th August 2019, 13:03   #8
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Progress report

Back this weekend for a flying visit and todays weather has been pretty good after the previous few weeks.

On my last weekend off I'd checked the wiring as Russ had advised and decided that the ECU would benefit from his attention. Sent it off as instructed and when inspected by Russ it was found to be beyond repair and so he sent me another ECU coded to my vehicle (with the added benefit of cruise control being configured).
Earlier today I checked the wiring again for signs of damage, removed the glow plug relay/ecu fusible link and replaced the 'new' ECU. After connecting a fully charged battery and crossing my fingers I turned the key to posII and was pleasantly surprised to hear the fuel pump running. After allowing the pump to stop, I turned the key to OFF before turning to posII again and then after hearing the pump run for a bit turned the key to start. The engine started immediately and idled evenly while I put things away/ back together.

Let the car idle for five minutes and then moved it back and forth to free up the brakes and roll the wheels as it's been sitting for around two months.
I did notice a whine when pressing the accelerator which came around 1300 rpm and remained without much change in tone as revs increased. Not sure what this is and can't investigate until maybe later today when I have my better half available as my assistant.

Big big thanks to Russ.
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote