View Single Post
Old 16th August 2018, 09:12   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Tourer rear cluster fix

seems to be a common problem that the fixings on the rear light clusters of Tourers break. this is one fix being offered on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-...AAAOSwtKNay7Fc

my tourer has already had someone have a go at it and so this kit looks not to be suitable. I think Arctic did a thread that for the life of me I now can find about a fix.

Here is what I am doing.
Using Arctics? idea, I have bent a thin bit of metal into an L shape and drilled three holes in it, one to secure to body of the car and 2 to bolt to the damaged leg of the light cluster. I have drilled the L and already glued to the broken leg. I will get 2 small screws ( 3 or 4mm) and drill through the leg and bolt L to leg.

I have a "bar" of some form of "plastic" that I have turned down in the lathe. It has a thin head on it, a shaft that I have partly sawn a slot into.
This will be pushed and glued into the body of the car.

I found the remaining part of the leg that would have helped hold the original screw has had to be removed because the head of my insert was proud of body and so light cluster rocked.

Once the insert is glued into the body I will drill a pilot hole into the insert and then screw through my L shaped bit of metal into the insert and hopefully the light will stay in place.

It is possible to push the insert out the moment but I don't intend to tighten the screw from the light cluster too tightly

fingers cross

macafee2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4475.jpg (42.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4467.JPG (77.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4468.JPG (78.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4469.JPG (40.2 KB, 52 views)
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote