View Single Post
Old 5th February 2020, 19:50   #10777
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi John. The silver one I have got standing on the drive, I tend to start it up every couple of weeks or so. It has 105,000 miles on it , and the first time I started it up I thought there was something ‘knocking’ low down in the engine bay. I thought it was the big ends. Strange because when I asked my son, If he had heard it while he had it, the answer was no. Since that first time, there has not been any knocking at all. Sigh. Each time I have started it up and let it run for around 15/20 minutes, the temp has brought the the fan on around 105 deg when it has warmed up, it then cycles up and down normal.There has never been a large amount of steam come out of the exhaust, and we have had a lot of damp humid days, and nights here. I cleaned some of the breather pipes out last Sunday and stuck them in more securely than they were, and then I noticed that there is some water in the V below the manifold. So that’s another job to do. I don’t mind because I can have the manifolds off and have a look inside the cam covers for the two Brillo pads, and probably poke the holes out in the covers. I will also get the Solvol Autosol on the cam covers to get them a bit cleaner. Don’t like scruffy engine bays. Always makes me wonder the last time it was serviced, if ever.

Last edited by bl52krz; 5th February 2020 at 19:52..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote