View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 13:10   #15
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Well the last month since buying the 75 has been busy and depressing in equal measures

Been having fun NOT in changing the door actuators with two rear bought off ebay not working after I fitted them. Seeing if replacement are any good before requesting a refund. That 2-3 hours of my time i'll never get back.

Bought two new tyres for the front only to find both of the union alloys slightly buckled.

Changed the PCV filter which I though would not have been in great shape after almost 90k but it wasn't bad. It may have been changed during a service but no indication of that. Whilst I was there I found that the air intake screws are fubarred and just turn so can't take of the air intake. Still managed to change the air filter.

Got a quote of around £500 from a smart repair chaps who is really professional and have seen some of his work on tidying up the front and rear bumpers to remove the scrapes and giving the car a general buff up to remove the ingrained scratches. That's £250 for the front bumper paint and scratch removal buff and another £250 for for the rear bumper and some paint damage across the rear passenger door.

Driving the car recently in the heat has not been pleasant due to no fan working and today in the heat the fan belt has started to squeal like the proverbial stuck pig. Although the failed open stat means at least the engine won't overheat in this hot weather as its only getting up to about 70....that's another job to add to the list.

Put my name down for the nano meet next Saturday 12th to see if I can fix my fan and get the air con working as well as possibly sorting the rear doors for good and getting an inline stat fitted, with some assistance and guidance from owners more adapt and skillfull than myself.

Longer term jobs are to get the brake discs and pads on the front changed and then the rears.
Autobox fluid flush - although the auto box is shifting nicely.
Get it up on a ramp to see what the MOT tester stated as slight corrosion is all about and see if I can stop it from getting worse.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote