View Single Post
Old 30th June 2021, 08:19   #14
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Thanks Mike for your wisdom/advice.
I've just dropped the car off at a garage i Trust to investigate what's going on. I told him i was hedging my bets on it being the crank pulley, but he seemed to think the noise was coming from the top of the engine near to were the alternator/power steering belt is. This was just first impressions though, so will have a better idea later when he delves a little deeper in to it. It's now like watching a movie in suspense waiting for the plot.
I will let you know what the out come is when i find out later. Obviously i had no choice but to drive the car this morning to the garage. The awful sound completely disappeared when i put the engine under slight pressure but it comes back with a vengeance on tick over or, over run.Either way It looks I'm cycling to work tomorrow and the next few days to come. 32 miles round trip is certainly going to keep me occupied 🤣