View Single Post
Old 1st May 2021, 16:16   #3
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

All very nice but I wonder what I and our neighbours are supposed to use?

There is no mains gas so simply changing the boiler and linking in to the existing heating isn't possible.

There is bottled gas - if you fancy a second mortgage to buy it and can get all the relevant permissions for storage etc.

There is oil but that's hardly the way forward is it? We'd be ripping out one form of pollution for another one which is probably just as bad.

There's electric but as the property is close on 200 years old it's not quite a simple as it sounds. Which also makes heat source/ground source practically impossible.

And then there's domestic coal - which, apparently, we can't buy anymore. Although maybe we could buy 2 cubic metres - that'll look pretty on the front lawn - I'm sure no one will mind .

It'll be nippy over the Winter .

Oh, and how is it more efficient when we'll have to buy all new stuff which, presumably, creates no pollution in getting the raw materials, transporting them to be refined and manufactured, getting the products to the shops and out to us to be installed. And then paying probably more for the privileged of being as warm as we are already.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 1st May 2021 at 16:20..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote