View Single Post
Old 5th May 2021, 06:45   #95
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
Sorry if I’ve missed this question: we have an MCB consumer unit and currently there are two 45A loops, both terminating in the kitchen. I’m moving the kitchen and laying a new loop in the (old) dining room for the cooker.
I’m very tempted by the deals on the MG5 although a glass topped ZS would be nice. Just wondering if you can fit your own 7Kw charger on a redundant shower circuit? Currently it’s 6mm but could easily change it to 10mm.
Sounds like this OLEV grant is more hassle than it’s worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't go with the OLEV grant for the same reasons, Too expensive over & above the £350 grant & too much hassle lifting carpets/floorboards in multiple rooms to re-route wiring especially for earth bonding clamps on water/gas pipework, Newer house have utilities all in much the same place, these old house have utilities at opposite ends of the house & at ceiling height. They want 10mm earth wire within 60cm of stop taps, The DNO earthed ours to the same place on the old fuseboard the old earth wire was and passed their safety test. But it was not good enough for the OLEV people I had enough hassle with having the garden/lawns dug up so did the work myself with the help of an electrician.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote