View Single Post
Old 20th June 2019, 20:14   #378
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Looks like the old house has been let.................

.................................... as there is a agents board outside saying “Let Agreed”. I’ll best get the carpet cleaners in then.

Went to the doctors this morning to let them know about change of address, then into the Street to post off a parcel of old audio cassettes to a forum member. Then round to the old house to get the meter readings. Gas was easy, electric I couldn’t see properly and as for the water. I got down on the floor ok and lifted the flap and removed the frost cover. As for the meter I could not see the dial.

So gave up and went home to the new house to do the readings there. Electric is a doddle. Gas meter is hidden in a cupboard. Then it rained and rained. So gave up looking at the water meter. But I know man who help me out, Allen. So I decided to phone him later and ask his help. I’ll have a go at anything but some things defeat me, only then will I ask for help. Makes me feel embarrassed to ask.

Done 2 lots of washing. Put it out on the line, then it rained again. Brought the washing in and the sun came out. So put the washing on the clothes horse and put that out on the decking, and the wind blew it over. Brought the horse inside and tied him up to the bar.
Next on the jobs list was to rearrange the model collection. Brought HMS Victory upstairs and put that back into the corner unit. Then change a few display cases around.
Moved the ZT collection downstairs.

Next job was to start sorting out the boxes in the other bedroom. But came to a halt as some of these boxes would need to go into storage in the garage. So to the garage to sort that out. Cannot believe the amount of spares I have for Banana, plus some spares for the Bear. Sorted out a few bits that belong to Redfive. Sorted out the rubbish to go to the tip. So that will be done on Saturday. Getting tired now, so I cleared up and shut the garage up. And indoors to get dinner ready.

Food eaten and washed up. With everything put away I phoned Allen and asked for his help. Be round in 30 was his answer. And he was.
Water meter checked at new address then we jumped in Jazzy around to the old house. Allen managed to read the electric meter ok. And the water meter was a long way down and covered in dirt. No wonder I couldn’t see the dial.
So they were all read and Allen dropped me home. I thanked Allen for all is help.

Onto the internet and gave my meter readings for the gas and electric. £236 in credit with British Gas. Need to phone the water people tomorrow.
Already sorted the council tax plus all the other people you need to contact when you move.
Now chillin’ with a cider.
Furniture being delivered tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote