View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:03   #379
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Hard graft pays off................................

.............................................. but it is worth it. In the sun yesterday I set about painting the decking and the hand rails. When I was at the old house there was a shed that needed a coat of Ronseal, so I bout 3x5litre tubs. Never used them till now. Swept the decking down and started on the hand rails, no idea when it was done last but the wood was bleached white. But the dark Oak decking paint was going on well.

Got the paint tray out and put the decking applicator together, has a sheepskin covering. And away I went, after numerous stops for drinks, it was hot in the sun I got three quarters done. That was the first tub emptied. Called it a day as my back and knees were starting to play me up.
Washed the sheepskin brush, paint brush and the tray and left them outside to dry off in the evening sun.
Dinner was calling but a shower first.

So this morning after my tea and toast I set about finishing off. It was a lot cooler so the paint went on better. Took about an hour and about half a tub to complete. Needs a second coat but is looking good.
I washed the brushes and tray and put them outside to dry. Must be coffee time, then it started to rain.
But think I'm ok, doubt very much if the rain will wash the stuff off.

Last Friday I popped into the letting agents and gave them the gas, electric and water meter readings.The old house has been let so now I can get the carpet cleaners in. They are booked for tomorrow at 10am. £75 all in.
Home and waited on my furniture delivery. Phone British Gas and arranged with them to get my boiler serviced, not been looked at since 2016. An engineer is coming out on Tuesday afternoon. Suits me fine as Banana is going back to the paint shop on Tuesday morning.

The furniture delivery turned up and the chaps brought my New leather sofa in. The driver saw my MG signs and he told me that he had had 2 MGB's in the past. One was his daily and the other one was his show car. Sadly he had to sell both as he was getting married. One day he will get another.

The sofa is really comfortable, I have now put on my Poppy throws to keep the sun off. I might change it around with the other leather chair.
Was hoping to give the cars a wash today but looks like the rain has set in. Still plenty to do in the house. But coffee first.

A few photo's.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2294.jpg (141.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2295.jpg (144.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2297.jpg (142.1 KB, 21 views)

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote