Thread: Thread Closure
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2020, 16:38   #9
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
There's nowt wrong with being committed to a cause. Nor in the blind faith of long held tradition. My allegiances have changed three times in my life - in response to changing times and conditions. It's a fact I was for a time a Trades Union official! Most important thing for me is an open mind, to see both sides gives some sort of balance. My parents would disown me if they could see me now! Well, they probably would anyway.
One of the great personal attributes is the ability to reflect and then potentially change one's opinion based on the reason supplied by others. It's too easy to become tribal. My own political allegiance is always changing. I lean to conservatism but note good points made by members of all parties. The current Covid situation is a poisoned chalice for anyone trying to 'do the right thing'. We all benefit by being kind to those we disagree with and I'm always happy to be enlightened. I do feel there is so much money, politics and ego invested in the discourse on Covid that the truth is elusive.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote