View Single Post
Old 5th April 2019, 20:06   #152
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The hospital have now sent me two new renal appointments..

17th for a Pre-assessment
1st May for a kidney biopsy. They say that is an all day job, something about inserting a long needle through my back, into my kidneys to grab a sample for biopsy, with possible overnight in hospital, depending how it goes

They insist I will need someone to bring me back home and keep an eye on me - already arranged.

Apologies again for stealing the thread!
Not a problem at all Harry, please feel free to post as much as you like. Talking/chatting about a problem with someone else usually makes it seem less daunting or troubling, a problem shared is a problem halved... as they say. hope all goes well.

To give you an update on my situation... My GP has written to the female urologist to confirm whether they will/or will not investigate further, and whether they will/or will not grant me a second opinion with another urologist at the same hospital, otherwise my GP has to send me to a different hospital.

I had an eventful day yesterday, I ended up at Poole Hospital. I had the mother of all headaches with accompanying blurred vision, and to add to the excitement I had a bleeding nose. Thankfully I am still hear, they allowed me to go home with a diagnoses of migraines with aura, they now say I've most probably been suffering these attacks for several years.

A follow up with my GP next week to see if the tablets work, thankfully they are. Then its a case of avoiding stress, how the hell does one do that?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote