View Single Post
Old 30th November 2020, 16:43   #28
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO13 View Post
I have a 2004 diesel Connoisseur, 'Elgar'. It has 'fork' alloy wheels and Pirelli tyres. The engine is quite well muted, but could be quieter. The wind noise is quite noticeable. The worst noise is the noise of the tyres over most surfaces. The car also has various rattles and buzzzes from places such as doors and somewhere around the dash. There is also a whining sound which comes from the engine and is most noticeable at low speeds. I have no idea what this whining sound is, but it makes the car sound 'cheap'. The driver's door has a cheap-sounding hollow sound when it is closed. I would like to get some sound deadening for that door at least. However, despite all this, I get a lot of pleasure from owning and driving a Rover.
The whining noise comes from the HP fuel pump causing a resonating sound along the rigid stainless steel fuel pipe.

I wonder if the car could need a 4 wheel alignment carried out??, also has there been any work undertaken on the drivers side door, this could be a cause of the rattles and clunk sounds perhaps
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote