View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 08:45   #6
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I've found "standard" jump leads to be under dimensioned, I invested in some HD leads of thicker cable which do the job when the standard ones failed.

Regards

If you want an idea of the CSA of cables you need, just look at the + - battery cables on your vehicle, you need them to me at least the same or greater CSA.

Nothing at all wrong with the cheap ones, especially the pencil thin ones, if you don't mind the odd bit of melted red or black plastic on top of your wing.

Best way to start from a donor car, correctly connect leads - to engine + to battery + post or jump post.

Start donor car and let it run at fast idle for a few mins depending on how flat the battery is, start the flat car, run this at a fast idle for a few mins till the engine is getting warm, on the flat battery car switch on the headlights or heater on, shut down the donor car, remove leads one at a time, take it a run to Blackpool and back.

Then if there was no obvious reason for the battery to be flat, get it tested.