View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:48   #6
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
no wonder there are so many bad drivers on the roads if the instuctors are driving that way ..all the rear ends smashes are due to being taught to drive by breaking late and not using the gears to take a bit of speed off the car when approaching traffic lights crossings and jjuntions

I beg to differ with you Pupils are not taught to "Brake late"and the reason pupils are not taught to use the gears to slow down is because modern cars do have more efficient brakes and therefore work better.Early cars brakes were not as good and required "assistance" from the gear box to help slow down the car. And for you to say the reason that there are so many bad drivers around and rear end smashes because they are taught in the way you describe is a very cavalier attiude.Pupils are taught the art of anticipation and try to forsee what is going to happen in front of them.

I do not excuse the alleged offence of the BSM instructor using his phone while driving but what speed was the OP doing to "trying to catch" the Fiat 500.Its not always "Driving Instructors" who drive badly You should wittness some of the outrageous manouvers other drivers (and I use the term loosley) to get infront of a learner pupil

Number 6 ADI (retired)

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"