View Single Post
Old 16th January 2020, 13:14   #16
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Removing the fuel tank isn't really the hard part - it's getting all the hoses reconnected and back into their retaining clips that's the tricky bit. The tank has to be almost touching the floorpan before the hoses will reach, by which time there's barely any room to get your hand up behind it to guide everything to the right place. (NB. I did mine on my own with the car on blocks - it'd be a lot easier on a lift with two people).

I changed the strap for a stainless one - bought it on eBay. It was made by Garry Bartram from Chesterfield - I don't know if he does them any more. It's a proper job - much more solid than the original factory ones.

Btw, I wouldn't re-route the pipes if I were you. They've taken them through the tank area to keep them as far away from the road as possible and reduce the risk of something smacking into them. It wouldn't take much of a whack to crush one (not good ).
You don't need to fully remove the tank in order that the brake pipes can be replaced, it is simply a case of lowering it down and resting it on the exhaust pipe.

The only thing that needs to be removed is the filler neck tube, and that's a jubilee clip

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote