View Single Post
Old 13th December 2021, 22:29   #162873
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Afternoon all, Still light rain here, I've been getting the last of the Leeks, Celeriac, Parsnips & onions in from the garden, I'm wet through & it's time for a hot toddy. I'm making a cottage pie with a root veg mash topping of spuds,carrots,swede,celeriac & parsnips.
The council are coming to collect the old three piece suite tomorrow morning & it needs to be outside by the front gate by 06:00 it's been crammed into the conservatory for three weeks.

I cant ask my brother to give me a lift to put it out today as it's raining & forecast for rain for most of the night. If it's wet they wont take it yet it goes on the back of an open truck.

I've got a tarpaulin but it's not quite big enough to over this huge three piece suite & if the suite isn't there when they roll up they just drive off so I have to have it outside by 06:00 I don't fancy getting up at 05:30 to wrestle with it on me own & if I miss it the cheapest 'Van & man' from the local classified charges £80 to take it to the recycling centre.
Have you got a nice sharp wood saw. Turn that suite into two large arm chairs.---With half the weight you only risk getting small hernias.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote