View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 07:53   #372
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool On this day one year ago............................

.............................................. I pulled up my roots and moved from the home I was born in. From Barkingside to Saltash. Yep! Been here 1 year now. And tomorrow one year ago I moved into my rented two bedroomed house. 5 days short of the 1 year I have now moved out and into my own home. And I love it.

The letting agents at the old house are sorry to see me go but when I showed them the photo's of the new house they were very happy for me. They said that I had got very good bargain.
Still plenty to do here in the new house, but some will have to wait. The last 6 months have finally caught up with me and I'm having to take things easy. Spent yesterday sorting out the model car collection. Took me all day in just one room. Going to be selling half the collection.

Still have my Rolls-Royce and Bentley models to sort out. Hopefully will be able to get them all in the two display cases left.
There is a few railway engines that Belonged to my late Uncle that will be looking for a new home. (2 working and 2 static, although I think one of them could be made to run again).
My WW2 fighter aircraft collection is being donated to a museum in Kent. (Delivering these when I'm up in London next).
My late brothers Fokker Tri-plane kit is currently up For Sale, on here, and will be on ebay soon.

All of Banana s trophies, and her rosettes, are out and on display in a glass cabinet once owned by Father in Law. He bought it secondhand in 1937.
The old chiming clock bought by Val's Aunt is working. Aunt Beryl bought it secondhand from a pawnbrokers in 1948 and it cost £4. 8s. I still have the original receipt. It takes a couple of months to settle down and keep good time.
There are paintings and framed photographs, some I'll keep and the rest I will sell, less to dust then.
Have got my Moorcroft and Caithness collection on display once again. Along with my Poppy flower display.
Even got The Flying Banana in a display case now and on the bookshelf. (Plastic banana with wings all made by me). Might bring that with me when I attend the Clandon show next month.

So all in all we are getting there. Everything takes time. Will start my mini tours again at some point. London next month.

So No Going Back Now.......................................

Many thanks for the kind comments and pm's. Means a lot to me to have so many lovely friends.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote