View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 13:40   #161
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Bob, you must feel like crying. Boot is probably just the rear light seals though, so should be an easy fix. Noise from the front could be the fan giving up the ghost, and not necessarily related to the work of the bodyshop.

A couple of summers ago I was about and about in my '75 when I started to get a horrendous noise from the front of the car - a really nasty sound. Turned out to be the death throes of my fan and a Revotec kit from Jules sorted it out nicely.

The mirror cap is really annoying though. May be worth getting a couple of spares painted whilst the bodyshop still has the paint to hand. Frustrating times, I'm sure, but with your new home and Bananas new suit of clothes, you're still winning .

Cliff
Water is coming via the rear window and side trim and no doubt the lights are adding to the mix. The noise only comes on when the blower is on, other than that she is quiet.
The mirror cap was down to me thinking I would not need any help getting into the garage. Folded the mirror in driving in and then flipped the mirror out for some reason, then reversed and instead of stopping and folding the mirror back in I tried to do it whilst the car was rolling back.

If it was not for the move into the house taking my mind off of it then I think I would have just given up.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote