Old 28th June 2017, 21:39   #15
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgoldstar View Post
Dear All,

and this time the right version of the "new" CDTI fan control box and wiring.

And a correct description, I hope. I have been chewing at this now for some days and get more confused each time I look at it.

Anyway, ignore my last post re the 1/4" flag receptacles.

The old, i.e. the fan/contol box/wiring removed from the car, has three flag connectors present,

The grey wire is in the connection in between the yellow wire connection and the black wire connection that goes to the near relay, along with a brown/blue striped wire in the same crimp as the grey.

The new, i.e. the fan and control box and wiring that I am trying to fit has all four of the 1/4" connection occupied, with the grey going to the connector nearest the bigger relay.

The only difference I can see now is that the grey wire is not crimped in with the brow/blue striped wire on the "new" box I want to fit.

However, as the "new" fan etc., came off a newer car, I would have expected that to be the correct set up.

I am also not sure if the "old" set up I removed ever worked ok anyway, so I do not know if it was righ or not.

Anybody shed any light on this?

"New" fan, control box and wiring link

"Old" set up
HI Frank.
I am only just reading through this, so first am I right in saying that the original fan you have taken off the car had a silver resistor, if so did you first try a gold resistor replacement to see if it worked after changing the resistor.

Second did the fan you took of your look like this in the control box.

The new fan off the 06 CDti is the control box as this below .

Another thing to look at is all the wiring in the conduit right up to the plugs to see if any are corroded at the joins or at the plug end.

check the above and I am sure we will get there with help from Simon & the rest of us

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote