View Single Post
Old 17th June 2016, 08:29   #45
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlan View Post
Has this problem been sorted yet ?
Yes...after trying pretty much everything to avoidan expensive fix I ended up with an expensive fix.

4 new recon injectors.

Even with toaf telling me the injectors were fine ( all balanced and all nearly at 0mm³ ) it was still smokey and smelly when revved. Once I managed to get them out I found that 2 out of the 4 injectors had blowback, one severe because the clamp post was broken and there was no sealing washer. All the nozzles were severely caked in carbon. Which I reckon was causing spray issues.

I guess I could have possibly got away with just 2 injectors andna really good clean but just went for it.

Also I fitted a new intercooler hose as mine was well passed it sell by date, removed the new o rings that I had put in and replaced with vitons and then held the elbow in place with a little self tapper.

Smoke and smell significantly reduced however there is still a slight haze but I think this is down to residue in the intercooler and inlet manifold.

Also I unplugged the EGR.

Significant improvement in performance. You can feel yourself being pushed into you seat on acceleration and I can hit 90mph easily. Before it was a real struggle to get there.

And then the DMF failed...the car is now in my garage waiting parts. Should be done this weekend.
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote