View Single Post
Old 13th October 2017, 19:54   #83
Kerthan23
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connie diesel, 1982 xr3 & 1974 gt Capri

Smile Not jumping ship!

Had my rover diesel 75 tourer for almost 3 years now, only due to up grading caravan size so zs diesel is on permanent loan to brother in law, its a weekend/social use only due to having company van for my job, always had some sort of rover/mg as I blame my dad as he's always had rovers, maestro, montego,200,25,45 and bought mg zt-t then 75 tourer new in 2002 & 2004 and lately bought a mg6 but THAT CARS another story as it's now returned to dealer! Always had and will have the soft spot for mg/rover as when left school I worked and was time served on rover and was a mechanic on a few other makes till 14 years ago, done all my own repairs(apart from the nice t4 help from Brian) and like our cars to be 100%, I have no intentions of getting rid as kept my last 1990 rover 214 for 13 years so it's here to stay as have no interest in new cars as I don't think there's any good new cars out there that are reliable ( all tho the other halfs honda jazz is proving me wrong)and really don't have the excellent help/back up we have on this forum, cars are a hobby now and like most on here we all have the to do list. Done the rear & front suspension rebuild, clutch and list goes on also a quick refurb of my 1974 gt Capri that's grew arm and legs due to OCD so time goes on rover or Capri oh and motor bike but when one or all finished I think a mg zt K series turbo is defo on the cars as always loved these engines. it's sad that you can buy low mileage mg's & rover for very cheap and hope things will pickup but like any car I feel the cost of repairs of any make are the cause (clutches etc).