View Single Post
Old 11th March 2019, 06:49   #13
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

A good friend of mine who thinks of cars the same way as his fridge or washing machine drives mundane cars unsurprisingly. When the tyres on his Focus were worn he fitted a set of budget tyres and mentioned he had saved over £200 on what he would have paid for premium tyres.

No problem for the next 6000 or so miles but he asked me to take a look at his car as there was an odd noise once he got above 50mph. I had a look and the only thing I could find was the tyres had started to ware oddly, loads of tread in some areas and a lot less in other areas and you could feel some blocks were higher than others.

He took it back to the tyre depot he had bought them from a few months before hand and they just shrugged there shoulders and said '' you get what you pay for, no warranty on those''

The previous premium tyres had lasted over 20k these budget tyres were not the saving he thought they were. He had a set of premium tyres fitted and his first comment was they car makes less noise on the motorway and feels so much better.

My view is those four pieces of rubber are the only thing keeping your car shiny side up when things get on the limit like heavy rain on the motorway.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote