View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2020, 08:43   #20
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Youve got to be wary of anything called "Linglong" = dont think Id be putting those on my car!

Going back 19 or so years ago now when our 1st child was born my wife had a Classic Mini Cooper Sportspack. Lovely car but totally impractical for baby transportation so she took over my beloved Peugeot 405 estate, the Cooper went into the garage. (It could eat a front set of 175/50/13 tyres in 5000 miles!)I bought a 9 year old 1.8 Sierra as a runabout commuter. The tyres on it were deathtraps, I cant remember what brand, or brands as naturally they were varied, it would oversteer round the gentlest of corners, brilliant fun at times but scared the life out of me at others. A set of new budget tyres sorted that out to some degree and I was much reassured.

It never ceases to amaze me the people who know nothing or just dont care enough to check their tyres. Have a look next time you are in a carpark at all the dangerously underinflated and virtually bald tyres folks are running about on.

Nowadays running 4x4s I always try to replace all 4 together with the same quality brand. Those 4 little hand sized squares of rubber are all thats keeping you stuck to the road.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote