View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:34   #14
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
The security chap then went on to explain that the visors have been proven that they do not stop the spread of the virus. I wasn’t going to ask him to show me proof of this. So I donned my mask, and the security chap said it would be best that took my visor back to the car to stop any temptation to wear it. So off to the car I went and put the visor in the boot. Then back into the shop with my mask on and past the security chap who never gave me a second glance.

Inside the store I noticed that some of the staff had visors on plus masks. There was a couple of people with no masks or visors on, I presume they had proof of medical exemption to be able to wander round.
Neither the disposable mask (which the majority of people wear) or the visor will totally stop virus transmission. Both devices are used to stop droplets being transmitted (sneezes, coughing and even breathing vapour).

Sounds like this security guard has been briefed inappropriately or just cannot comprehend the nuances. My local Tesco also has staff wearing either item in store.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote