View Single Post
Old 9th July 2009, 22:25   #1
The Jugs
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon club SE manual 2.0 V6

Default Stiffed on my Galaxy engine

I used 1st Choice Spares site to find a donor engine for the wifes Ford Galaxy. Got lots of quotes from breakers who could supply and proceeded to pick one out. I chose WESTCOAST BREAKERS in Preston, an error of magnitude proportion. It will be dispatched on Mon. delivered to you on Tues. he said. So I'm home on Tues. waiting,waiting, didn't turn up. Yes it came on Wed. when I was at work so wifey signs for it. I get home from work, unrapped it and found it to be damaged, (corner part of timming cover plate bent and a hole in the alloy sump case to boot) useless and unusable.

Emailed breakers straight away with the news and attatched photo. Got email back this morning saying the are to contact TNT couriors about the damage. Second email later on stated the TNT are not accepting any liability because, as far as they were concerned my wife had signed for it as good. So I rang the breakers and pointed out that the damage isn't fresh as shown in the pic. and yes, you guessed, not our problem it's been signed for as good. Now the good bit to humour you, I enquired why it was a day late arriving to which I got the reply ? answers on a postcard please. Who can get closest to the answer