View Single Post
Old 20th October 2018, 11:07   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
My tripod is only one of those £50 ones, when the "ship comes in" maybe a better quality one.
I fear this is the problem. The lighter weight ones are ok for a basic kit set up although, I always found they could quiver when the mirror closed (use mirror lock up if you have if on your camera when using it). The head would be just as important to a tripod set up though.

Look on gumtree etc for a decent tripod. I have a Giottos set of legs (right time and right place - free!) and a Manfrotto head (322RC - overkill for my needs, but it was so cheap). I went for the manfrotto head to allow me to put a manfrotto ball head onto my monopod, allowing me a quick release option to switch between them easily. When I tried it all out for the first time, the difference was so obvious, even the head making a huge difference. Remember you are supporting £1000+ worth of equipment with a £50 device.

In the meantime, keep your legs as short as possible, and do not use any head riser. That hopefully will give a bit of stability. Also try hooking your camera bag on the central vertical post to weight down the tripod.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote