View Single Post
Old 1st July 2019, 10:36   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Yip, tank was full. Never let it get below half full. It had some additive in it as does white diesel which is what I use. I have never put red diesel in her. Some of the tanks up here were dipped by VOSA or whoever and fines handed out. I think somebody shopped them. As you know it is now illegal to use red diesel for propulsion, only for heating.

Thankfully Astraeus does not have 320 litre tanks!

Ah well, out for a walk this morning then get started this afternoon. Of course it is really windy today so the boat will, err....not exactly be a stable platform

I remember something similar ruining a batch of the oil and water emulsion used on the metal cutting lathes in the workshops at the Beecham plant in Worthing.

The microbiologist were asked what was going on and when we tested it there was a heck of a lot of bacterial contamination. Bacteria love to live in the water phase and feed off the oil phase.

We felt best option was better cleaning and store in smaller batches.

On the boats - if just short journeys - any mileage in setting up a smaller auxiliary tank system?

Because with a large tank and condensation I would have thought this was always going to be an issue.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote