View Single Post
Old 10th February 2019, 23:26   #39
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

My opinion for what it is worth!
V6 (190 and 180 for me) all the way I have both and found them to be superb. The 190 has bust two thermostat housings, the first time still got me home from Swansea to Merseyside without any problems (dont mention names but the housing split on both occasions ) until I changed to Kaisers alloy one, oh and one filter problem that was solved easily due to this site.It was also fitted with lpg just after buying it at 30,000 miles (maybe 10 years ago now) and now on over 100,000!
The 180 is now on 140,000 and has been faultless in my ownership (Jules changed belts and fitted another Kaiser housing on this one when I purchased it!).
I dont know how long these engines will last but both are running well, I intend to get an engine to refurbish in the near future and to convert the auto to lpg as well.
I agree they are not the fastest cars on the street (there is always going to be someone faster but its not all about speed) but if you rev them they will pick up their skirts and go (even the auto in sport mode),
Before buying my first one I tried a 120 which I thought was so under powered and I have also driven a diesel (not sure on the power) which just was not up to the job, admittedly only one of each but that was enough for me.
Only my opinions of course and each to there own.
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote