View Single Post
Old 27th September 2021, 13:00   #19
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Had the test drive this morning, very impressed, nice and quiet, pulls well, though I never have been and still am not a fan of 6 speed gearboxes. Everything was a bit lighter than the ZT, but not so light that there's no feeling. Interior quality I'd say is a bit better than the ZT but maybe not as good as you'd hope from a Jag. Steering wheel was nice and comfortable, easy to use the steering wheel controls and dash computer. On my short round trip with a cold engine, the computer was reading an average of 42mpg. I went along some roads I regularly use so I could compare the ride over bumpy surfaces, and definitely a nicer ride than the ZT. Can't comment on handling, wasn't going to push it on a test drive, wet surfaces, and rear wheel drive which I've never driven before, the 1 exit from a roundabout I did take enthusiastically the back stepped out slightly. Seats didn't feel quite as comfortable as the ZT, but at the same time, I've had 8 and a half years to get the driving position just right in the ZT, so I'm sure once I get it all right it'll improve.

All in all, depending on a decision re. working hours which I should know by the end of the week, I intend on buying it.

And car specific details, it's a 2015 plate, 2.0 diesel, R-Sport, in a lovely metallic blue, 86,000 miles, Jaguar service history up to 65,000 miles, then a receipt from an independent garage at 82,000 miles, which included a service, brakes all round, and a couple of other things. Only marks I could see were some small scratches on the drivers door, presumably from a ring, and some wear to the top of the gearstick. New tyres all round, and it'll come with a fresh mot and 12 months warranty.

Downside, offered £500 for the ZT as it stands, as part exchange, so pending the final decision, I'll put the ZT up on here in case there's any interest. It currently sits on 16" rover wheels but I do have the originals in need of refurb, which can be included for the right price, as well as quite a lot of other little bits I've built up over the years. It's surprising how many bits you acquire without really realising it.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote